HOW TO DO AN OIL CHANGE?
Engine oil changing has to be well prepared.
Before learning how to change engine oil, we remind you that checking engine oil color will not give you any information about its degradation.
If you wonder how to change motor oil, you have to check if you have all the information needed:
In some cases, car oil change can be easy; in other cases, you need special tools.
How much oil do I need for an oil change? It depends on the size of your engine. For a passenger car, you need between 3 and 7 liters but in some cases, for cars with a dry oil sump it can be 10 to 12 liters and even more. The exact oil volume is indicated in your user manual or can be asked to your service partner. The oil filter has to be changed at the same time. Therefore, the oil volume is slightly higher when you renew the oil filter at the same time.
Before changing car oil: be aware that the engine oil is a highly sensitive part of your engine.
- Diesel oil change - Step 1: check if you are skilled. Have you already changed oil on your own? Do you know where to drain the oil?
- Step 2: Before starting the change, you should check that you have the necessary tools to open the drain screw and the oil filter tools. There are electronic indicators in modern cars that need to be restarted.
- Step 3: Your mechanic is trained in how to change the oil of different cars. The equipment you need and the way you change the oil changes depending on the year, model and make of the car. When you are unfamiliar with how your car's oil changes, we advise you to consult your mechanic for advice or to let them change your oil.
- Step 4: There are different ways to change the oil. The classic way is to drain the oil from a special hole in the oil sump. In some cars, there is a so-called dry sump in which the oil is stored in a separate tank and pumped while the engine is running.
In some cases, it is more convenient to change the oil with a special device such as a vacuum cleaner that sucks the oil. The oil is sucked in by a pipe that must be inserted in place of the plug.
How to change the car oil? The safest and most convenient way is to suck the oil out.
How to change the oil in your car? It takes more time. There are often some parts that need to be removed before gaining access to the oil sump. Sucking oil through a pipe is certainly the fastest way.
How to change the car oil? How to replace the oil filter?
- First of all, you might be wondering when you need to change the oil filter?
It depends on the condition of your car and your driving habits. If there are any residues of oil and particulates after the oil has been drained, we advise you to change your oil filter when replacing the oil. We recommend that you use only original spare parts that are approved by the car manufacturer. There are big differences in the quality of the oil filter. Do not accept the risk of using filters that are not approved for your engine...
- How to change the oil filter?
The oil filter can be located directly on or near the engine in the engine compartment. There are cylindrical paper filters that are housed in a special housing.
There is a special knowledge you need to have before you change the oil filter. We highly recommend contacting your mechanic regarding this information or letting them do it for you!